The California Chapter of Women in Mining (WIM California), a co-ed, non-profit organization focused on public education on aspects of the mineral resource industry, announced the launch of its new web pages, conveniently still located at www.wimca.org.
Our updated Chapter pages feature:
- Education – We invite educators to request WIM California volunteers to implement STEM-based virtual or hands-on classroom activities, or for volunteers to support career day and workforce development opportunities;
- Scholarship Opportunities – for students committed to obtaining an education related to the industry a competitive opportunity to fund their studies;
- Our upcoming events are now featured on our Chapter page as well as the WIM USA National Organization calendar, showcasing activities members and prospective members can participate in.
- Opportunities to easily join as a member are now also featured on our Chapter page, as is the ability to donate to the organization, and learn more about strategic partnerships corporate members can engage; and…
- A link to our ‘News and Articles’ in the WIM USA blog.
WIM California invites visitors to explore the new web pages and support the organization in educating on the importance of minerals.
WIM California’s motto: “If it can’t be grown, it has to be mined.”