Opportunities for Students Seeking Careers in Mining
WIM USA provides scholarship opportunities to students pursuing a career in mining through our various chapters. The information on this page is updated when new scholarship opportunities are available. Check back often!
Chapter Scholarships Available
The Arizona Chapter of Women in Mining (WIMAZ) is excited to offer Scholarship Opportunities to Arizona college students for the 2022/2023 academic year.
Scholarship applications will be accepted through June 30, 2022.
- Applicants must be living in Arizona
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a two or four-year college, and intend to earn a degree from an Arizona school.
- Applicant grades must be in good standing
* All undergraduate and graduate students attending Arizona public universities are eligible. Priority will be given to applicants that show a demonstrated interest in pursuing mining-related careers and in advancing the role of women and other minorities in the mineral resources industry.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE APPLICATION
The scholarship application requires relevant personal details and contact information, but there are a few things that you may need to prepare before starting the application process:
- Your resume (PDF).
- Transcripts* (PDF – unofficial).
- One reference
- Ample time. The application requires that you answer three essay questions.
Applicants are encouraged to include relevant professional experience, volunteer efforts, extracurricular activities, participation in professional organizations, and personal anecdotes (e.g. family, community, personal connection to the mining industry) in their essay responses and/or resume submission.