The Arizona Chapter of Women in Mining (WIMAZ) is excited to offer Scholarship Opportunties to Arizona college students for the 2021/2022 academic year.
This has been made possible by the incredible support we have received from our members, individual donors, and our 2020-2021 Platinum Sponsor, Freeport McMoRan, and 2020-2021 Bronze Sponsor, BHP.
WIMAZ intends to distribute several awards ranging between $500 and $2000. Award amount will be determined based on enrollment status (e.g., part-time vs full-time) as well as academic performance and/or student engagement.
Scholarship applications will be accepted through June 30, 2021.
- Applicants must be living in Arizona
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a two or four-year college, and intend to earn a degree from an Arizona school.
- Applicant grades must be in good standing
* All undergraduate and graduate students attending Arizona public universities are eligible. Priority will be given to applicants that show a demonstrated interest in pursuing mining-related careers and in advancing the role of women and other minorities in the mineral resources industry.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE APPLICATION
The scholarship application requires relevant personal details and contact information, but there are a few things that you may need to prepare before starting the application process:
- Your resume (PDF).
- Transcripts* (PDF – unofficial).
- At least one reference (you may provide up to three).
- Ample time. The application requires that you answer three essay questions.
Applicants are encouraged to include relevant professional experience, volunteer efforts, extracurricular activities, participation in professional organizations, and personal anecdotes (e.g., family/community/personal connection to the mining industry) in their essay responses and/or resume submission.