It is with immense pleasure and excitement that we announce the establishment of Women in Mining (WIM) – Arizona for Q1 2019.
Our vision is to be a non-governmental organization that focused on attracting, retaining and advancing professionals in the mining industry as well educating the members and the public in the various aspects of mining. We are an inclusive organization, everyone is welcome to participate. We are currently in the process of formalizing our non-profit status.
WIM is a group of men and women committed to:
- Provide opportunities for networking, professional development and a place to share our experiences in the industry.
- Attract, retain and advance women technical professionals in the sector.
- Encourage the next generation of women in the mining industry throughout role models and the award of scholarships.
- Educate members and the public in the technical, economical, regulatory, and other mining related topics.
- Promote social, environmental, professional and personal responsibility in the mining industry.
We would like to ask for your support in the Women in Mining – Arizona Chapter inaugural event and following events of 2019.
The event will take place in March 29th, 2019 from 5 – 7 PM in Tucson at Hexagon Mining Offices. We are currently seeking donations to cover our venue, appetizer and beverage cost in order to keep the event free for approximately 80-100 attendees.
Rosa Maria Rojas