WIM USA, in partnership with the Bradshaw Research Initiative for Minerals and Mining (BRIMM) at The University of British Columbia (UBC), are excited to announce a unique scholarship opportunity for the full introduction class – BRIMM 101 – in the Executive Microcertificate in Economic Leadership for Mining program at UBC.
How to Apply
Eligibility: Active Members of WIM Professional Chapters
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a statement (2 to 3 sentences long) for each the following:
- Describe/explain your ability and willingness to influence one’s network toward positive change.
- Describe/explain your vision for yourself and the industry.
Applications due on Wednesday, March 31, 2021 at 8:00 pm MST.
BRIMM 101 – Introduction to Mineral and Exploration Economics
This foundation course is instrumental to anyone in the mining and minerals industry as it ties together the core fundamentals of four themes: sustainability, exploration, mineral processing, and finance, into a common economic thesis.
- Five 90 minutes sessions (Tuesdays and Thursdays).
- April 6 – April 20, 2021, 4:00 pm – 5:30 PST
- Certificate provided that applies towards the Microcertificate Program and can be posted on the student’s social media.
THE UBC MICROCERTIFICATE PROGRAM
The UBC Microcertificate program was introduced in December 2020 and can be completed within 6 to 18 months. For more information, click here.
“The program will look at mining finance along the mining value chain with the overarching themes of breaking down silos between different industry groups, value-based decision making and the economics of sustainability… It is a 13-course program where you can mix and match to select the 7 courses you want to get your specialized UBC Microcertificate.”
- Live online learning platform
- Participation from a diverse student population from over 40 countries
- Various mining industry backgrounds from numerous age groups (20s – 70s)
- Inclusive approach to learning
- One class has reached 50% women!
- The program is an excellent leadership training opportunity and coincides with WIM USA’s goals towards inclusion and diversity.
BENEFITS TO WIM MEMBERS
30 scholarships are being offered to WIM USA for BRIMM 101.
- Certificate of Completion for BRIMM 101 – provides completion of 1 out of 7 required courses for the Executive Microcertificate in Economic Leadership for Mining.
- Discussion Group/Mentoring: A cohort group will be facilitated during the course by Judy Bolis, WIM USA member, who has completed several BRIMM courses.
- Recognition: Upon completion, the WIM Scholarship completers of BRIMM 101 would be recognized by WIM USA.
- Invitation for each to participate in a WIM USA round table discussion, scheduled for summer 2021.
- Recognition of each in a special WIM USA press release/profile article posted on social media (e.g., WIM USA website article, Linkedin, etc.) .
Reach out to Judy Bolis, WIM USA:
email@example.com | Phone: 303-903-1723 | or on Linkedin